Saturday, May 29, 2010

Back in Kathmandu

Hi friends! I have returned to Kathmandu. Wow! What a difference a day makes. I went to my favorite hotel last night and enjoyed a proper bed for the first time in 2 months. I also went and had 3 dinners at 3 different restaurants - all within 2 hours. I have lost about 25 pounds. I know weigh close to what I did in high school. Oh well. I will put the weight back on real quick. Plus, when I return, I start back up in Combat Calisthenics with all of my friends.
I will still offer a few different summit perspectives in the next few days. Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers. I miss you all and can't wait to see you.

9 comments:

Your Biggest Fans said...

Wow. 25 pounds! Well, I will start cooking...magluba, hummus, enchilladas, tacos. And I am sure you will want a trip to Red Robin soon. Can't wait to see you! SOOOO EXCITED!
Love you,
Diana & Alexander

The Doctor said...

Dude! I think you'd better take a picture to show us what starvation must look like ;-)

Glad that you are almost home. Hope to see you pretty soon.
DW.

Heather said...

Ironically, your fitness tip of the day on the blog is that those who need to lose weight should do so gradually. I don't think you needed to in the first place and certainly not so much so fast! Excited to hear you're getting closer to being home to your family :) Travel safe and enjoy the food!
--Heather Grover

Mom said...

So glad you made it safely back to Kathmandu - another answer to prayer. Can't wait to see you. What sounds good? Chicken kiev? Brisket? Pizza roll-up? I doubt you'll have any problem putting the weight back on!

Will be praying for continued traveling safety.

Love, Mom and Dad

The Doctor said...

Perhaps a Hot Pocket? or some Egg-Os?

Stacy said...

Great to hear that you're back in Kathmandu! Steph is in Israel now, so I'll reply for both of us. We are so glad for your safe trip down. Enjoy the beds, showers, food, etc. Have a safe last leg of your trip back to your family and Colorado! We'll keep praying for the total completion of your amazing dream. God is so good!

Nephew said...

25 pounds and 3 meals in 3 hours? I'd like to eat that much! I'm sure you'll regain the weight quickly if you keep eating like that! See you soon.

Joey

Chris Dunn said...

We're all looking forward to seeing you at Cornerstone and even more excited for you to reunite with your family!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben,

It'll be great having you back in the (work) neighborhood soon! We're all so proud of you - what an incredible accomplishment. Have a safe journey home.
Kathy B