Saturday, August 22, 2015

Great training run!

I leave for Nepal in just a few days. There are so many things to do and I figured a great way to start the day was to spend some time in the mountains. I drove up to Boulder this morning for an ascent of Bear and South Boulder Peaks. It was so beautiful and peaceful to be the only one on the trail. I figured I would try to go as fast as I can in order to keep the heart rate up. In the end I covered 8 miles, gained 3,425' of elevation in 3 hours flat. Not bad I suppose.
Tomorrow morning I will go on a fantastic 48 mile bike ride and the rest of the day will be spent with my family. I will start packing my bags on Monday and then it's off to the airport super early Tuesday morning.
I ask for your prayers as I embark on this challenge. Prayers for my family's safety as well as mine. I'll provide updates as soon as I get to Kathmandu.

No comments: